Does all-day energy seem elusive? Do you need frequent doses of caffeine to get you through the work day?
These proven strategies will keep you powered up from wake-up to bedtime:
- Go for a quick walk, ideally outdoors, but even cruising the office building hallways can help. A recent landmark study revealed that a brisk 10-minute walk can have a revitalizing effect and boost energy for at least 2 hours.
- Have your vitamin D level checked–especially if you’re feeling drained during the winter months. Vitamin D plays a role in keeping us charged up, as it helps regulate insulin secretion and metabolism. And since it can be tough to get adequate amounts from food, a supplement may be neccesary during the winter months when there is less daylight.
- Fuel up with healthy eats, including ample fruits and vegetables. A 2015 study found that people who followed a plant-based eating program for 18 weeks saw an increase in their productivity. Higher amounts of fruit and vegetables feed the “good” bacteria in the gut and may also help boost your overall mood.
- Exercise is the ultimate power booster. Although it seems counter-intuitive, working out is a powerful way to recharge. When you exercise, you release the hormone adrenaline, which tells the body to ignore fatigue and stimulates blood flow, leaving you with more energy than you had beforehand.
- For persistent fatigue (lasting more than several months), consider having blood work to check for anemia and/or a thyroid condition.
For more information on energy, health and well-being, go to https://Integralhealthsolutions.com